Enterprise (n): a project or undertaking, typically one that is difficult or requires effort.
In a week, #ShiggySummerReading will be underway! Every summer I try to read as many books as possible– my favorite kinds being light-hearted fiction, relevant non-fiction, and books deal with culture or important political issues. Here is a list of the many books I’d like to read at some point, and hopefully this season will be it!
- Manufacturing Consent: The Political Economy of the Mass Media (Arrived on Jun 18th!)
- Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking (Already own)
- One More Thing: Stories and Other Stories
- The Social Animal: The Hidden Sources of Love, Character, and Achievement (Arrived on Jun 18th!)
- The Lowland (Already Own)
- The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao
- Big Little Lies
- Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear (Arrived on Jun 18th!)
- Will You Won’t You Want Me?
- The Assistants
- Girl in Translation
- A Golden Age
- The Invitation
- Bitter Sweets
- I’m Glad About You
- Modern Lovers
- The Good Muslim
- Talk Like TED: The 9 Public-Speaking Secrets of the World’s Top Minds
- TED Talks: The Official TED Guide to Public Speaking
- Blackballed: The Black and White Politics of Race on America’s Campuses
- Tablet & Pen: Literary Landscapes from the Modern Middle East
- The Clasp
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo
- Me Talk Pretty One Day
- How to Be a Bawse: A Guide to Conquering Life
- The Wangs vs. the World
- Rich and Pretty (Arrived on Jun 18th!)
- That Thing We Call a Heart
- The Hopefuls (Arrived on Jun 18th!)
- This Is How You Lose Her
- The Thing Around Your Neck
- The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing
- The Sun Is Also a Star
- The Regulars
- The Lives of Others
- Valley of the Dolls (Already own)
- Desirable Daughters
- The Hating Game
- Small Great Things
- Everything, Everything (Arrived on Jun 18th!)
- Words in Deep Blue
- When Dimple Met Rishi
- Before We Visit the Goddess
So, if you’ve already read any of these titles, please let me know what you thought of them! And if you know of any books that might be a good fit, please leave me a comment below I would greatly appreciate the suggestions!
UPDATE: I wanted to include the Amazon Wish List I’ve made to keep track of all the books I’m interested in– maybe this can become an online book club in a way where we can all read some of these same great books together! And if you want to see more of this book loving side of me, follow me on Goodreads!
Thank you for stopping by!